Banana Split Cookies
It doesn't get any more fun than these banana split cookies! The banana strawberry cookies are covered in chocolate sauce and marshmallow sauce with rainbow sprinkles and a cherry on top.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 2 dozen cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup mushed banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1 cup chopped freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles, plus more for topping
- Marshmallow sauce (store-bought or using recipe in notes section)
- Chocolate sauce (store-bought or using recipe in notes section)
- 24 maraschino cherries
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium-sized bowl.
In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of stand mixer, mix butter and both sugars at medium speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
Mix in eggs, vanilla, and mushed banana until well-blended.
Add flour mixture to bowl and mix until just combined, taking care not to over-mix.
Fold in freeze-dried strawberries and rainbow sprinkles.
Drop rounded tablespoon-sized scoops of cookie dough onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until edges are just turning golden.
Remove from oven and place cookies on wire racks to cool completely.
Once cooled, drop teaspoonfuls of marshmallow sauce or chocolate sauce onto cookies and top with additional sprinkles and a maraschino cherry.
- If you want to make your own marshmallow fluff, you can use this recipe (it's so easy!)
- I like this recipe for homemade chocolate sauce