Momofuku Milk Bars Cornflake Chip Marshmallow Cookies
It's been said these Momofuku Milk Bar cookies will send you to rehab. And I can confirm these Cornflake Chip Marshmallow Cookies are downright dangerous... But in the best way possible!
Prep Time45 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 15 -20 cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups Cornflake Crunch (recipe below)
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Cornflakes
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 9 Tbsp (1 stick, plus 1 Tbsp) unsalted butter, melted
Line a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper.
In the bowl of an electric mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, combine butter and both sugars and cream togeher for 2-3 minutes. Scrape the side of the bowl and add the egg and vanilla. Continue mixing for about 7 minutes.
Bring the speed of the mixer to low and add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined, taking care not to over-mix.
Keeping mixer on low speed, add the Cornflake Crunch and chocolate chips and mix until just combined. Fold in marshmallows.
Using a 2-oz cookie or ice cream scoop, scoop about 1/3 cup of dough onto prepared cookie sheet, leaving about 4 inches of space between each scoop. With your palm, pat the tops of the dough flat.
Wrap cookie sheet tightly with plastic wrap and place in fridge for at least 2 hours and up to a week.
When dough is chilled and ready to be baked, pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes, until the cookies are just beginning to brown. Cool completely on pan before moving to an airtight container.
Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees.
In a large bowl, using your hands, crunch the cornflakes into small pieces. Combine malted milk powder, sugar, and salt with the cornflakes. Add the butter and toss so the cornflakes are coated. Small clusters will form.
Spread the cornflake clusters on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 20 minutes until they are getting crunchy. Let cool completely before using in the cookies. This can also be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container. You will have leftover Cornflake Crunch if making one batch of the Milk Bar cookies.
- Recipe adapted from Christina Tosi's Momofuku Milk Bar, via DailyCandy
- It's imperative that you let the cookie dough chill before you bake the cookies. Even chilled, the cookies spread a lot and if baked at room temperature, they will be a hot mess.
- The original recipe recommends baking cookies for 18 minutes, but in my experience, this was way too long. Cookies should only need 9 or 10 minutes before getting crispy.
- If you want your cookies to spread a little less and have less crispy edges, I recommend using two cups of Cornflake Crunch in your batter instead of three cups.