Quick Vegetable Fried Brown Rice
Looking for a quick and easy healthy dinner that's also delicious? This Quick Vegetable Fried Brown Rice is packed with veggies and whole grains and is the perfect weeknight meal!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (from 1 small onion)
- 3/4 cup chopped red pepper (from 1 pepper)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 large eggs, lightly scrambled
- 3 cups cooked and cooled brown rice
- 3 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, plus more for sprinkling
Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper and let cook for 4 minutes.
Add in carrots, garlic, scallions, and peas. Stir frequently allowing scallions to wilt a bit, about 2-3 minutes.
Push vegetables to one side of the skillet and add the eggs to the other side. Using a spatula, lightly scramble them.
Add rice, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes to skillet and stir everything together. Cook another 2 minutes to heat through.
Serve in bowls and top with more red pepper flakes if desired.