Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes with Rosemary
Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes with Rosemary make for an absolutely delicious side dish, but I'm also not opposed to eating these mashed potatoes as a meal!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 lbs. russet potatoes, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until they're tender, which will take about 15 minutes. Drain them and return them to the pot.
In a small saucepan, heat milk and garlic until hot (don't let it boil).
Add 1/2 milk, blue cheese, and garlic to the potatoes and mash until potatoes are almost smooth. Let stand for 5 minutes to thicken.
Stir in rosemary and season with salt and pepper.
- You can make these blue cheese mashed potatoes up to 8 hours ahead. Just cover and chill after making and re-warm in microwave, stirring occasionally and adding more milk if needed.
- Recipe adapted from Bon Appétit.