Lemony Kale, Quinoa, and Fig Salad
This Lemony Kale, Quinoa, and Fig Salad is tossed with prosciutto and gorgonzola is and satisfying enough to be enjoyed as a meal.
Prep Time15 mins
Resting Time30 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 6 cups kale, ribs removed and chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (from 1 cup raw quinoa)
- 8 fresh figs, quartered
- 3 oz. gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 3 oz. prosciutto, chopped
Lemony Balsamic Dressing
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice (from 1 1/2 lemons)
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
Place kale in a large bowl and squeeze lemon over the top. Let sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
Mix cooked quinoa into kale.
Add quartered figs, crumbled gorgonzola, and chopped prosciutto into bowl and toss well.
Pour dressing over salad and toss well.