Steak and Cheese Fried Rice
This Steak and Cheese Fried Rice is a 30-minute meal perfect for serving on a busy weeknight. Made with ribeye, peppers, onions, and mushrooms, the dish is packed with flavor and is the ultimate anytime comfort food.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. ribeye steak, sliced thinly against the grain (can also use skirt steak)
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper, divided
- 1 cup chopped onions (from about 1 onion)
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper (from about 1 pepper)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large eggs, lightly scrambled
- 3 cups cooked and cooled jasmine rice (can also use brown rice or quinoa)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded provolone, cheddar, or American cheese
Add 1/2 Tbsp olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season sliced ribeye with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Add steak to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until no longer pink. Remove steak to separate plate or bowl.
Add remaining 1/2 Tbsp olive oil to skillet and add onions and green pepper. Cook for about 6 minutes to soften.
Add mushroom and garlic to skillet and cook for another 3 minutes.
Push veggies to one side of the skillet and pour in eggs. Using a spatula, lightly scramble them.
Add rice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Add shredded cheese and stir everything together. Cook another 2 minutes to heat through.