Pasta with Green Vegetables, Herbs, and Feta
Are you wondering what to do with that plethora of summer herbs? Make this Pasta with Green Vegetables, Herbs, and Feta for the ultimate summer pasta dinner!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb. thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lb. linguine
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Red hot pepper flakes, for topping
Add asparagus to a large pot of well-salted water and cook until just tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer (using a slotted spoon) to a large heatproof bowl. Add peas to boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl with asparagus and add linguine to water. Cook until al dente.
While linguine is cooking, add basil, mint, olive oil, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup feta to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until all is pureed and combined. Add mixture to bowl with asparagus and peas.
When pasta is done cooking, reserve 1/2 cup water before draining. Stir this water into the bowl with vegetables and then add pasta, parsley, scallions, and remaining 1/2 cup of feta to bowl and toss to combine.
Serve in individual bowls with red hot pepper flakes and additional crumbled feta sprinkled over the top.