Grapefruit Lillet Cocktail
Made with only three ingredients, this Grapefruit Lillet Cocktail is the perfect combination of bitter and sweet and makes for a refreshing cocktail any time of year.
Servings: 1 cocktail
- Coarse sugar, for rim (optional)
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. lillet blanc
- 2 1/2 oz. fresh squeezed grapefruit juice (ruby red preferred)
- Rosemary, for garnish (optional)
- Sprig of thyme or orange peel, for garnish
If you want a sugared rim, place coarse sugar on a small plate and moisten rim of coup glass (or other small cocktail glass) with a little grapefruit juice. Place glass upside-down on plate to coat rim in sugar.
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice and add grapefruit juice, vodka, and Lillet Blanc.
Shake well and pour into prepared glass.
Garnish cocktail with small grapefruit wedge and a sprig of thyme or orange peel.
- Cocktail recipe adapted from Highlands Bar and Grill via Serious Eats.
- Note: the color of the cocktail will depend a lot on the color of your grapefruit. Use ruby red grapefruit if you want a pinker looking drink rather than a yellow drink.
- If you're in a rush or don't have access to fresh grapefruit, you can use store-bought juice instead.