Elote Tuna Salad
This Elote Tuna Salad has all the elements of Mexican Street Corn, but is served in salad form with tuna, macaroni, and more. It has a little bit of a kick and a whole lot of satisfying flavor!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 cup dry elbow macaroni
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cups fresh corn, from about 4 ears (you can also use frozen)
- 9-10 oz. Portofino Tuna
- 2 cups chopped red or rainbow chard (you can also use kale or spinach)
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 diced jalapeño (from 1 jalapeño pepper)
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped cilantro, plus more for topping
- 1/3 cup crumbled cotija cheese or queso blanco, plus more for topping
- 1/3 Tbsp regular or light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
Bring medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add elbow macaroni and cook until al dente. Drain and cool.
In the meantime, add butter to a non-stick grill pan or frying pan. Once melted, add corn kernels in and let cook for about 4 minutes before stirring. Let sit for another 4 minutes and stir again. Repeat a couple more times until the corn is nicely charred. Remove corn to a large bowl and let cool a bit.
Once corn is cooled, add tuna, chopped chard, cooled macaroni, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and cotija cheese to the bowl.
In a separate small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, chili powder, cayenne, and freshly squeezed lime juice.
Pour dressing mixture over corn and toss well to combine. Serve salad in individual bowls and top with additional cheese and cilantro.