Zesty Baked Chicken Wings
Whether you're serving them at your Super Bowl party or for a weeknight dinner, these Zesty Baked Chicken Wings are healthier chicken wings that are just as delicious as any fried wings could be!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Marinating Time30 mins
Servings: 32 wings
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp hot sauce (I recommend Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 tsp minced garlic (from 1 garlic clove)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 16 chicken wings, halved at joint to separate wingette and drumette with tips removed
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce
In a small bowl, combine olive oil, dijon, hot sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and lemon zest and whisk until combined.
Put the wings in a large Ziplock bag and pour the marinade over them. Let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and lightly spray a baking pan with cooking oil.
In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, parmesan, and parsley.
Once wings are done marinating, toss them in the bowl with the breadcrumb mixture to coat well and place on prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes mins, rotating pan halfway through, until wings are golden and juices are running clear.
Serve wings with yogurt sauce and enjoy!