Mint Chocolate Hummus
There's no reason to be skeptical of chocolate hummus! This Mint Chocolate Hummus can be served with fresh fruit or cookies and makes the perfect creamy dessert dip. Nobody will even guess that it's made with chickpeas!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 can (15.5 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup dark cocoa powder (regular cocoa powder is also fine)
- ½ cup coconut milk (in a carton or milk of choice), divided
- 3 Tbsp agave (or honey)
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 1 tsp chopped mint
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Nilla Wafers, fresh fruit, etc, for serving
Put chickpeas, cocoa powder, ¼ cup coconut milk, agave mint extract, chopped mint, and salt in a food processor and blend until creamy.
Slowly add in and blend remaining ¼ cup coconut milk until desired consistency is reached.
Fold mini chocolate chips into the hummus and move to a serving bowl. Top with additional mini chocolate chips and mint leaves.
Serve mint chocolate hummus with Nilla Wafers, fresh fruit, animal crackers, or whatever you choose!
- If hummus isn't sweet enough for you, feel free to stir in more agave or honey, 1 Tbsp at a time.
- If you don't have fresh mint, you can omit it.