Looking for a quick and easy dessert to bring to a summer BBQ or party? These Blueberry, Lemon, and White Chocolate Chunk Cookies are pretty, delicious, and incredibly fast to make!
(This recipe for Blueberry, Lemon, and White Chocolate Chunk Cookies was originally published in June 2011, but was updated with new photos in 2018).
A couple weeks ago when I went to a little bakery near my apartment and out of the corner of my eye, I saw that they had blueberry and white chocolate chip cookies. It's safe to say I haven't been able to get the idea of this cookie out of my head ever since. Often, when I crave chocolate or something "desserty," it involves fruit or white chocolate so the sound of this cookie was just splendid. Blueberries and white chocolate all together in one cookie? Sign me up!
As I was looking around the great world wide web for recipes, I found lots of cookies that called for dried blueberries. But I had a nice big container of fresh berries in my fridge and really wanted to e those. I just love they way they burst in the oven and make baked goods look so beautiful. So, I decided to make those blueberry and white chocolate cookies a reality in my kitchen... But I added in some lemon, too. Because lemon in cookies is never a bad idea. Especially in the summertime!
BLUEBERRY, LEMON, AND WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES RECIPE
This is a pretty typical cookie recipe and should be super simple for anyone to make! Simply cream the butter and brown sugar together. And then mix in the dry ingredients. Now, for the most important part... gently fold in the blueberries and white chocolate chunks.
Prettiest batter ever? I think so!
Scoop tablespoon scoops of that beautiful blueberry lemon cookie dough onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
And bake until those cookies are just starting to turn golden around the edges. And the blueberries are the most beautiful color.
I obviously have the patience of a teething toddler and ate a couple while they were piping hot. Which I do recommend because the blueberries are still nice and warm and when you get a mouthful of that plus the melted white chocolate chunks, Oh.My.Goodness.
I don't want to be a bad influence on you or your diet or whatever, but I have to recommend making these first thing in the morning because a blueberry lemon cookie right out of the oven for breakfast? It doesn't get much better than that. And it's fruit. So, you can't feel too bad about it. Antioxidants for the win, right?
My second favorite part about these cookies (first being they blew my mind) is they are insanely quick to make. I literally got home from work at 3:00 and had to be showered, dressed, and out the door by 4:45 for dinner. And I still managed to successfully cram a baking session in there.
If you need a last-minute dessert to bring to a 4th of July party or other summer BBQ situation, these Blueberry, Lemon, and White Chocolate Chunk Cookies are the perfect solution.
Blueberry, Lemon, and White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 ½ sticks (¾ cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks (or chips)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer or whisk, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, lemon zest, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In batches, slowly begin adding the flour mixture into the wet mixture, until incorporated with the butter mixture, taking care not to over-mix. Gently fold in white chocolate chunks and blueberries.
- Drop tablespoon balls of the dough onto an un-greased cookie sheet, making sure to leave about 1-inch between each cookie.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until the edges have started to turn golden. Let in pan for a few minutes before moving to baking rack to cool completely.