Are you obsessed with the Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade from Starbucks? It's so easy to make at home! You only need 3 ingredients with this copycat recipe and your drink will taste just like the real thing!
I used to think Starbucks was all about the coffee. But over the last couple years, I've realize that there's so much more to Starbucks than dark coffee, lattes, and Frappuccinos.
First of all, they have all kinds of delicious juice-based Refreshers (and I have copycat recipes for the Strawberry Acai and Pineapple Passionfruit!). But they also have lots of tasty tea drinks... Both hot and iced. I'm obsessed with their Honey Citrus Mint Tea (and have a copycat recipe for the often-called Medicine Ball!).
I'm also currently very into their iced tea drinks and especially the Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade. The drink has actually been a bit tough to get in the summer of 2022 since many locations have experienced shortages of both peach juice and lemonade.
Luckily, the drink is incredibly easy to make at home! So, whether you can't get to Starbucks, you want to save some money, or your local store is out of product, this recipe will ensure you can still get your Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade fix!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
If you love the drink at Starbucks, you'll love this recipe, too, since it tastes just like it!
If you've never tried the iced tea before, I still think you're going to love this drink because the flavors are so awesome.
It takes no time to make and you can even mix up a big batch of it to have at the ready any time you're craving it.
Starbucks describes the iced green tea as, "Green tea is layered together with flavors of spearmint, lemon verbena, lemongrass and a splash of lemonade over ice for a patio-ready refreshment of surprise and delight!"
I'm not quite sure why they don't mention "peach" in the description, but the ingredient list does claim the drink consists of ice, the tea infusion, peach flavored juice blend, and lemonade.
So, you only need 3 ingredients for the Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade... Well, 4 if you count ice!
It's so easy because you can use store-bought peach juice and lemonade. Here's what I recommend:
- Teavana Jade Citrus Mint Green Tea Bags: This is the green tea that Starbucks uses and it's SO good. You can substitute with another green tea, but the flavor profile will be noticeably different since Teavana's has spearmint and lemongrass in it.
- Peach Juice: You can use any brand, but I highly recommend Simply Peach. Or you can make your own homemade peach juice with my easy recipe.
- Lemonade: Again, you can use any brand or you can even make your own, but I recommend Simply Lemonade.
🥤 How to make an iced peach green tea lemonade
This drink couldn't be easier to make! These instructions will make 1 grande drink (with 12 oz. liquid and ice), but further in my post I show you how to turn this recipe into a big batch recipe (with 6 servings).
The first step is to brew the green tea. I'm just brewing the tea for one drink, which involves one teabag and 6 oz. of water (¾ cup).
However, if you're planning to make a big batch of the iced tea, you can boil all the water at once and add multiple tea bags.
Boil the water in a teakettle on the stovetop, in electric kettle, or in microwave.
Pour water into heat-proof cup and add teabag. Let steep 5-10 minutes.
If you're brewing multiple cups of tea, I recommend doing it in a large heat-proof measuring cup or in a big bowl.
Remove the tea bag(s), squeeze them to extract any liquid, and refrigerate the tea for at least 30 minutes to cool.
Add ice to a shaker or large mason jar. Add brewed green tea, 3 oz peach juice, and 3 oz. lemonade. Shake well to combine and pour entire contents of shaker into a cup.
If you don't have a shaker or jar, you can simply fill a cup with ice and stir green tea, peach juice, and lemonade together.
Garnish with a lemon wedge and a peach slice if you want.
And take a sip! When Starbucks says the Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade is a "patio-ready" drink, they're not kidding. This is so perfect for a hot summer day.
Once you taste it, you can feel free to adjust the iced tea to your tastes. If it's not sweet enough, add more peach juice or lemonade. Or you can even stir in a little simple syrup.
If it's too sweet, add a little bit of water or brew and chill additional tea.
My green tea-disliking husband absolutely loves this drink and requests it on the regular. I think it's because the Teavana green tea is minty and doesn't really have the typical matcha flavor to it.
I love this iced tea as a fabulous alcohol-free option for enjoying outside time. It's also fun to make a big batch of it if you are hosting a summer party.
🎉 How to make a big batch
If you're making this iced tea drink for a crowd or you just want to have a pitcher of it ready to go at any time, it's easy to make a big batch of!
Here's how to make a batch that serves 6:
- Bring 4 ½ cups (36 ounces) water to a boil.
- Add 6 green tea bags and let steep for 5-10 minutes. Remove, squeeze tea bags, and chill tea for a bit.
- Add brewed tea, 2 ¼ cups (18 oz) peach juice, and 2 ¼ cups (18 oz) lemonade to a large pitcher and stir to combine.
Keep refrigerated until ready to drink. Perfect for a party... Or if you just want to enjoy Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade all week long!
💡 Substitutions and variations on recipe
If you can't find any of the ingredients needed or are looking to make some variations to the recipe, there's lots you can do to make this Iced Peach Green tea yours!
- As I mentioned, you can substitute with a different kind of green tea, but note that the one Starbucks uses has lots of minty notes that you don't find in all green teas. Tazo's Zen Green Tea is the best substitute.
- If you don't want to use green tea, you can make this drink with black tea or any kind of herbal tea you want.
- If you can't find peach juice, you can use my recipe for homemade peach syrup. Since the syrup is a lot more concentrated than juice, I'd start by adding an ounce and tasting it before adding more.
- If you don't have lemonade, you can easily make your own. You can make a big batch with this recipe. Or you can just add water, lemon juice, and plain simple syrup to the green tea and peach juice. I recommend using about 2 oz water, ½ oz fresh squeezed lemon juice, and 1 ½ oz simple syrup.
- Replacing the lemonade with limeade would also be delicious!
- Lots of people like ordering their Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonades with additional ingredients at Starbucks. People rave about adding a little raspberry syrup. You can also try blueberry syrup.
- Lastly, be sure to play around with the ratios of green tea, peach juice, and lemonade to find the drink that's the perfect sweetness level for you!
☕️ More Starbucks copycat iced drinks
I love making my own versions of Starbucks drinks (and food) and have lots of copycat recipes here on my blog. Here are some of my favorite iced options (check out all the copycat recipes here):
- Chocolate Cream Cold Brew
- Strawberry Acai Refresher
- Pink Drink
- Pineapple Passionfruit Refresher
- Paradise Drink
- Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade
- Iced White Chocolate Mocha
- Iced Toasted Vanilla Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
- Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte
- Shaken Watermelon and Passion Tea
- Twix Frappuccino
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Frappuccino
- Starbucks Iced Coffee (from Sweet Phi)
Now it doesn't matter if Starbucks is out of peach juice or lemonade or if we're just too lazy to get in our cars and go to the drive-through. We can have Iced Peach Green Tea in our fridge all summer long!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade
- 1 Teavana Jade Citrus Mint Green Tea bag (or green tea of your choice)
- 6 oz (¾ cup) water
- 3 oz peach juice
- 3 oz lemonade
- Boil water in kettle on stovetop (alternatively, you can boil in electric kettle or in microwave). Pour water into heat-proof cup and add teabag. Let steep 5-10 minutes minutes.
- Remove tea bag, squeeze to extract any liquid, and refrigerate tea for at least 30 minutes to cool.
- Add ice to a shaker or large mason jar. Add brewed green tea, 3 oz peach juice, and 3 oz. lemonade. Shake well to combine and pour entire contents of shaker into a cup. Alternatively, you can pour tea, peach juice, and lemonade into an ice filled cup and stir.
- Taste and add more peach juice or lemonade if you desire a sweeter drink! If drink is too sweet for you, brew more time or stir in some water.
- See post body for instructions on how to make a big batch of the iced tea lemonade that serves 6.
- See post body for substitutions and alterations.