You’ll never have to fear double dipping again with these Mini Taco Dips! The perfect food to serve at a cocktail party or BBQ, everyone will love getting their own personal-sized taco dip.
Something tells me that mini food will never go out of style. Sure, family style is fun in some situations, but when it comes down to it, we all feel so much more special when we have our own little food made just for us. That’s why I made these Mini Taco Dips for my latest post on Parade magazine’s website.
Obviously we all love taco dip. At least I hope so. How can you not love the glorious combination of guacamole, cheese, salsa and some kind of delightfully spiced meat like ground beef or chicken?
And tortilla chips. So many tortilla chips.
You know you’re going to feel totally guilty if you eat an entire taco dip. So have two mini ones instead. I mean, it’s probably not much of a difference quantity-wise, but it sounds so much more polite, doesn’t it?
Plus, nobody can get mad that you hogged all of it. Because they’re yours. All yours.
You can even quadruple dip if you want. Or more than that. Quadruple was the biggest number I could think of.
To make personal-sized taco dips for your next summer party or BBQ, check out my super easy and fast recipe at Parade magazine. Just be sure you make a few extra for yourself. Because after your guests leave, you’ll be happy to have your own mini taco dip in the fridge… Instead of the chip-ridden remains of a dip that your friends left behind.
Which party food do you wish came in mini “all for you” form more often?
Mini Taco Dips
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 avocados, cut in half, peeled, and pitted
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups spicy salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Tortilla chips for serving
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat, breaking it up with a fork, until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Drain meat and stir in chili powder. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados. Stir in lime juice.
- In the bottom of an individual glass (or plastic cup or small glass bowl), spread a layer of mashed avocado. Spoon a layer of cooked ground beef over that, followed by a layer of cheese, a layer of salsa, and a layer of shredded lettuce.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of olives.
- Repeat until all six cups are full. Serve with tortilla chips of your choice.