These Cadbury Mini Egg Donuts are baked chocolate donuts topped with a vanilla glaze with Cadbury Mini Eggs baked in AND on top. The Easter treats are so moist and fudge-y, you won't believe they're baked!
It's no secret that I have a thing for Cadbury Mini Eggs. But then, who doesn't? I think they're probably rated as one of the most addictive, hard-to-stop-eating candies in the world.
I've made plenty of desserts with the favorite Easter candy over the years, including:
- Cadbury Egg Scones
- Easter Candy Popcorn
- Cadbury Egg Milkshakes
- Cadbury Egg Chocolate Cream Pie
- Mini Easter Pavlovas
You might say I have a bit of an obsession with them and I know I'm not alone.
But I'm officially declaring these Cadbury Mini Egg donuts as the best mini egg treat I've ever had.
The ingredients for these chocolate donuts are fairly simple. Here's what you need:
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Whole Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Unsalted Butter
- Cadbury Mini Eggs (crushed)
- Vanilla Icing (see recipe below)
How to Make Cadbury Mini Egg Donuts
Like most baked donuts, these are really easy to make. You don't need any type of special equipment aside from a donut pan.
The recipe makes about 15 donuts and I only have one 6-cavity donut pan, so I just make these in batches. If you have a larger pan or two of them, you can bake them even quicker!
To start, pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and spray a donut pan (or two) lightly with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar, and brown sugars.
In a separate small bowl, whisk eggs with milk, vanilla, and melted butter.
Gently stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined, taking care not to over-mix. Fold in ½ cup crushed Cadbury Mini Eggs.
I went back and forth on whether or not to add Cadbury Mini Eggs INTO the actual donut, but I ultimately decided to do it and it was definitely a great decision.
Fill each cavity of prepared donut pan almost all the way with batter. I recommend putting batter in a pastry bag or a plastic bag with the corner cut off and squeezing it into the donut pan.
This will make your life so much easier... Just make sure the opening is big enough to fit the crushed Cadbury Mini Eggs through!
Bake for 9-11 minutes, until doughnuts are light and springy to the touch.
Let cool in pan for a couple minutes before removing to baking rack to cool completely. Repeat with additional batter if you only have one donut pan.
Vanilla Glaze Ingredients
While donuts are cooling, whip up the vanilla glaze. It's so easy and you only need a few ingredients:
- Confectioners' sugar
- Unsalted butter (very soft)
- Whole milk
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Vanilla Glaze for Donuts
Just add all the ingredients- confectioners' sugar, salt, soft butter, milk, and vanilla extract into a bowl and whisk until well combined.
How easy is that??
Once your donuts are cooled, you're ready to glaze them. Simply dip the donuts upside-down into the icing and then top with remaining crushed Cadbury Mini Eggs.
Let rest for about 30 minutes so icing can harden. It will be tough to wait... And really, if you're just making these donuts for yourself and no planning to serve to guests, who cares if the icing is hard? Just dig in!
Omg these are absolutely delicious. I'm not totally sure why, but they are the best baked chocolate donuts I've ever had in my life. I have an inkling it has something to do with the fact there are Cadbury Mini Eggs baked in.
They're just so moist and fudge-y and everything a donut should be, despite the fact that they're baked instead of fried.
The vanilla icing and crushed Cadbury Mini Egg topping definitely helps take them to a whole new level of yumminess.
Serve these donuts at Easter brunch or just make them as a special treat with your leftover candy. Or, you know, buy a bag of candy JUST to make these Cadbury Mini Egg donuts. Totally worth it.
I always think there's something extra special about Cadbury Mini Eggs, but they're really just milk chocolate eggs with a candy coating. How are they so delicious??
It's one of those mysteries in life that we're better off just accepting instead of questioning.
More Donut Recipes
I shared some of my favorite Cadbury Mini Egg recipes at the top of this post, but you should know that I also have a thing for homemade donuts... Both baked and fried! Here are some of my favorite recipes:
- Fruity Pebbles Donuts
- Carrot Zucchini Donuts
- Coconut Donuts with Salted Caramel Icing
- Grapefruit Donuts
- Milky Way Donuts
- Glazed Coffee Chocolate Frosted Donuts
- Strawberry Frosted Donuts
- Banana Donuts for Dogs (dogs deserve donuts, too!)
- White Chocolate Ricotta Donuts (The Classy Baker)
- Pumpkin Cider Donuts (from Grandbaby Cakes)
If you can manage to take your hand out of the candy bag for a couple minutes, make these Cadbury Mini Egg Donuts... You won't regret it!
Are you as obsessed with Mini Eggs as I am??
Cadbury Mini Egg Donuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cups cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup crushed Cadbury Mini Eggs, divided
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ Tbsp unsalted butter, very soft
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and spray a donut pan lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and both sugars.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk eggs with milk, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Gently stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined, taking care not to over-mix. Fold in crushed ½ cup Cadbury Mini Eggs.
- Fill each cavity of prepared donut pan almost all the way with batter. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until doughnuts are light and springy to the touch. Let cool in pan for a couple minutes before removing to baking rack to cool completely. Repeat with additional batter.
- Dunk donuts upside-down into icing and then place back on rack and top with the remaining crushed Cadbury Mini Eggs. Let donuts rest for about 30 minutes so icing can harden.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and whisk together until well combined.
View Web Story for recipe.