Want to drink the same thing Taylor Swift drinks when she goes to
- ❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- 🗒 Ingredients
- 🍮 Difference between caramel syrup and caramel sauce
- 👩🍳 How to make caramel syrup
- ☕️ How to make the Taylor Swift Starbucks drink
- 🥛 How to froth milk without a frother
- 🍬 What if this drink is too sweet for me?
- ❓ Do I have to use nonfat milk?
- 💡 More Starbucks recipes
- 📖 Recipe
- 💬 Comments
Happy Taylor Swift new release day! While getting pumped up for the release of her new album Midnights, I started wondering what Taylor Swift would order from
I did a little research and discovered there's quite a bit of information on the Taylor Swift
You could actually go to the coffee shop and ask for "Taylor's Latte" or "Taylor's Version" and baristas would know to make a grande caramel nonfat latte (source).
If you think that sounds delicious and you want to enjoy the Taylor Swift
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
Not only is this latte so easy to make at home, but you can sip it while singing along to your favorite Taylor Swift songs.
But even if you're not a Taylor fan, there's a strong chance you'll love this coffee drink! It's a caramel latte made with nonfat milk and really perfect for any caramel lovers!
Plus, it's incredibly easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients and steps.
You don't need many ingredients to make this latte and you also have some options for purchasing instead of making the caramel syrup.
Here's what you need for the drink (please see recipe card at the end of the post for ingredient amounts and full instructions):
- Skim milk: to make it a true Taylor Swift latte, you'll want to use nonfat milk. But you can certainly adjust this drink to use the dairy or non-dairy alternative of you choice. You'll need to steam some of the milk and froth some of it for this drink.
- Caramel syrup: I make my own caramel syrup (it's easy!) and am including the recipe in this post. But you can purchase it if you prefer. You can even purchase Starbucks' caramel syrup!
- Brewed espresso or strong coffee
- Caramel sauce: for drizzling. You can skip this if you want or you can drizzle the drink with caramel syrup, but I love using a little caramel sauce. You can make your own (I recommend this recipe) or buy it. Again, you can even buy Starbucks caramel sauce!
If you're going to make the caramel syrup at home, you only need 3 ingredients:
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
🍮 Difference between caramel syrup and caramel sauce
I can see why this may cause some confusion... I was confused when I first started learning about
Caramel syrup is like any of the other syrups you'd find at
Caramel sauce is thicker and generally contains butter and some dairy, like cream. It's what you would use on an ice cream sundae or what you sometimes see drizzled down the inside of a
The syrup is perfect for when you want to infuse a little caramel flavor into drinks.
👩🍳 How to make caramel syrup
I have an entire post written detailing how to make caramel syrup, but I'll go over the steps for you here in case you want to make your own. It's easy!
To start, put the sugar and ½ cup water in a medium saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil while stirring occasionally.
Once the sugar has dissolved, let the mixture continue boiling without stirring.
You'll need to watch the mixture closely and wait for it to turn a light amber color. It should take about 8-10 minutes, but watch closely because it can go from light amber to being burnt very quickly.
What you see below is the shade of amber I like to see for the best caramel flavor.
Once mixture is light amber, immediately remove the saucepan from the heat and slowly and carefully pour the remaining ½ cup water in.
It will probably splatter and steam up, so be sure to stand back while pouring.
Add vanilla and stir well to combine.
Pour the syrup into a heat-proof bowl or mason jar and place in the fridge to cool completely. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
☕️ How to make the Taylor Swift
OK! Now that you've made or purchased your caramel syrup, you're ready to make the Taylor Swift latte!
Brew your espresso in a heat-proof glass. I love making it in my Nespresso machine, but you can do it however you prefer. If you don't have espresso, you can use strongly brewed coffee instead.
Add the caramel syrup to the brewed espresso.
In case you're wondering,
A shot of espresso is 1 ounce and there's a lot of conflicting information on how many ounces a pump of syrup is. Answers seem to range anywhere from .25 oz to 1 oz, but it seems the general consensus is .5 oz.
So for this caramel nonfat latte, I recommend using 2 ounces of espresso and 2 ounces of syrup to make this as close to the Taylor Swift
But definitely customize it to your own taste!
I recommend stirring the espresso and syrup together since they tend to separate when you pour them.
Now it's time to add the steamed milk and top the whole thing off with frothed milk.
If you have an electric frother or handheld frother, I recommend steaming 1 cup of the milk in the microwave or on the stovetop (you'll want it to be about 140-150 degrees). And then using your frother to make froth with the remaining ¼ cup of milk.
If you don't have a frother, you can steam and froth the milk all together in a mason jar (I detail the process for you below).
Pour the steamed milk into the espresso.
And top it off with the frothed milk.
And a little caramel sauce drizzle!
Close your eyes, hit play on Spotify or whatever your music player of choice is, take a sip of this caramel nonfat latte, and let yourself be completely immersed with Taylor's new music and the sweet taste of caramel coffee.
I mean, most of us will never actually meet Taylor Swift and will just sit at home listening to her music and trying to analyze every Easter egg she drops, but at least this latte can make us feel a little bit closer to her.
Plus, it's delicious! I don't typically make my lattes with skim milk, but I've been really enjoying it in this caramel latte.
It's a coffee drink that's sweet, milky, and smooth. I can see why Taylor Swift likes it so much!
🥛 How to froth milk without a frother
I love my little electric frother. It makes it so easy to top all my coffee drinks with delicious froth in just a few minutes.
You can also easily froth milk with a handheld frother or even a whisk!
But if you don't have a frother and don't want to use a lot of arm strength to whisk, it's still possible to make froth... All you need is a mason jar! This method will show you how to steam and froth the milk at the same time.
Just pour all of your milk into a large mason jar… for this latte, that's both the cup of milk you need steamed and the ¼ cup of milk you need frothed (the jar shouldn't be more than halfway full).
Put the lid on and shake the jar as hard as you can for about 30 seconds. the cold milk will get nice and frothy!
Then remove the lid and put the jar in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
And now you have steamed milk topped with froth!
You can pour the milk into the latte and then use a spoon to top it off with the froth.
🍬 What if this drink is too sweet for me?
It's so easy to customize the Taylor Swift
And, of course, you can always add more syrup if you like it sweeter!
❓ Do I have to use nonfat milk?
I used nonfat milk in this caramel latte because that's how
If you don't drink dairy, you can even use almond milk, oat milk, coconut milk, etc.
I love making
What's your favorite Taylor Swift song?
Caramel Nonfat Latte (Taylor Swift Starbucks Drink)
- 2 shots (2 oz) brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 2 oz caramel syrup (homemade recipe below or store-bought)
- 1 ¼ cup skim milk (or dairy/non-dairy alternative of your choice)
- Caramel sauce, for drizzling
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Brew espresso into a heat-proof glass. Stir in caramel syrup.
- Steam and froth milk. You can either steam 1 cup of milk on the stovetop/in the microwave and froth ¼ cup milk in an electric frother or with a handheld frother/whisk OR steam and froth all the milk together in a mason jar or heat-proof container (see notes for how-to).
- Pour steamed milk into espresso and top off with frothed milk.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the top.
- Put sugar and ½ cup water in a medium saucepan and bring mixture to a boil while stirring occasionally.
- Once sugar has dissolved, let mixture continue boiling without stirring. Watch closely for mixture to turn a light amber color. It usually takes about 8-10 minutes for me, but it can go from light amber to being burnt very quickly, so be sure to watch closely.
- Once mixture is light amber, immediately remove from heat and slowly and carefully pour remaining ½ cup water in. It will likely splatter and steam up, so stand back while pouring. Add vanilla and stir well to combine.
- Pour syrup into a heat-proof bowl or mason jar and place in fridge to cool completely. Syrup will continue to thicken as it cools.
- If you're looking for an easy caramel sauce recipe, I recommend this one.
- For full caramel syrup recipe, see this post.
- The caramel syrup recipe makes enough for about 4 caramel lattes.
For steaming and frothing milk together in mason jar:-Put all 1 ¼ cup milk in a large mason jar or heat-proof container (it should only be half full), put the lid on, and shake the jar as hard as you can for about 30 seconds, until frothy.-Remove lid and place the jar in the microwave for 45 seconds.-Pour the steamed milk right into your espresso and spoon the froth on top.
View web story for recipe.