You don’t have to be attending holiday parties to enjoy this Christmas Popcorn! It will make any occasion feel like a party and is perfect for evenings at home watching holiday movies with your family.
If you know me, you know I am all about party popcorns. I make them for pretty much every holiday and lots of days in between. I’m always in the mood for a good party popcorn!
But the funny thing? While my popcorn mixes are a lot of fun for parties, I personally think they’re even more fun for eating while sitting on the couch at home. The “party” is really referring to what’s in the bowl… And not necessarily where you eat it.
And I promise, this Christmas party popcorn can turn any regular night into more of a party. Which is something I think we can all use a little bit more of this holiday season.
So, whip up a bowl (it’s SO easy to make), put on your favorite Christmas movie (and pajamas, obviously), and settle in on the couch for a fun and festive evening.
That’s pretty much how I’ll be partying this year.
Ingredients in Christmas Popcorn
This party popcorn combination is my idea of the perfect Christmas snack… But feel free to omit anything you don’t want or add anything you do! There are a ton of cookies, candies, etc. that would be really tasty in this mix!
Here’s what I used in the Christmas mix:
- Popcorn (I make fresh-popped, but you can use any kind)
- White Chocolate
- Christmas Oreo Cookies
- Christmas M&Ms (I used peanut butter, but you can use any kind)
- Crushed Candy Canes (if you’re not a fan of peppermint in desserts, you can leave this out)
- Festive Sprinkles
How to Make Christmas Popcorn
Like I said, this popcorn is incredibly easy to make! I pop my popcorn in canola oil on the stovetop… But if you want it even faster and easier? Simply pop a bag in the microwave. Or even use a bag of pre-popped!
I use about 10 cups popped for this recipe. But again, you really don’t need to have exact measurements for this recipe… Follow your party loving heart.
To make it like I do, put your popcorn in a big bowl (trust me, you’ll want a really big bowl, so you can mix everything well!) and drizzle melted white chocolate over the top.
Then add in Oreo cookies, M&Ms, crushed candy canes, and sprinkles.
And toss everything to mix!
And settle in on the couch and dig in. You can divide the Christmas popcorn into individual bowls if you don’t want to share out of one.
This popcorn also makes a fun edible gift. You can package it up in little bags and share with friends and family. If you’re doing this, I recommend making it right before gifting it as it really is best when enjoyed fresh.
But if you’re planning to give some away, you might want to make a double batch… Once you start, it’s hard to stop snacking on this Christmas popcorn!
More Christmas Treats
If you’re looking for some other fun snacks to enjoy during the holiday season (goodness knows we’re gonna need a lot this season!), check these out:
- Orange Gingerbread Meringues
- Spiked Eggnog Donuts
- Gingerbread Cookie Cake
- Snow Day Sugar Cookie Milkshake
- Hot Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Bites
- Peppermint Puppy Chow (from Kickass Baker)
- Chocolate Potato Chip Pretzel Mix (from Nibble and Dine)
I love a big holiday dessert (cakes, pies, pavlovas, etc.), but sometimes I just want a casual “eat on the couch” snack.
Party popcorn is always here for me and I’ll be making many variations of Christmas popcorn this holiday season!
What’s your favorite popcorn mix-in??
Christmas Party Popcorn
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 8 oz. white chocolate (bars, chips melts, or wafers)
- 10 Christmas Oreo Cookies, crumbled
- 1 cup Christmas M&Ms (I like peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes (about 3 candy canes)
- Christmas sprinkles
- Put oil and popcorn kernels in a large pot over medium-high. When the first kernel pops, cover the pot and remove it from the heat for about 30 seconds.
- Place pot back on the stove and once kernels start popping, vigorously shake the pot back and forth, keeping it on heat. Once popping slows, take pot off the heat and remove cover. Put popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt white chocolate either in a double boiler or by putting them in a heatproof metal bowl placed over a saucepan of gently simmering water (don’t allow water to touch bowl). Alternatively, you can melt at intervals in bowl in microwave.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn and toss with crumbled Oreo cookies, M&Ms, crushed candy canes, and sprinkles.