This easy weeknight dinner is perfect for any shrimp lovers! Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp is packed with flavor and takes just 15 minutes to make. It can be served with whatever whole grains and vegetables your family enjoys!
(This recipe was originally published in May 2012, but was updated with new content and photos in 2021).
Back in summer 2011, I declared it "the summer of shrimp." And I'm happy to announce that 10 years later, I'm still having the summer of shrimp. Even in the winter, fall, and spring.
We eat shrimp nearly every week in our house, in part because it's delicious, in part because it's incredibly versatile, and in part because it's so easy to cook.
This shrimp recipe is quite simple, but the kind of dinner that works in any season and that your whole family will love.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Fans of shrimp will love how simple this recipe is. The flavor of the shrimp really shines amongst the touches of complementary lemon, garlic, and parmesan flavors.
It's pretty rare that I enjoy shrimp with cheese and most seafood recipes, in general, are sans cheese... But a light sprinkling of parmesan cheese really works in this recipe.
You'll find a lot of lemon garlic shrimp recipes served over pasta. And you can certainly put this shrimp over a bed of pasta if you want. But I like it served over a whole grain like wild rice with a vegetable on the side (if you like wild rice as much as I do, also try this Wild Rice and Chicken Sausage Stew!).
Of course, another fabulous thing about this recipe is how easy it is to make. Simply cook the shrimp in garlic butter and then toss with lemon, parsley, and parmesan.
It's the perfect weeknight dinner and so easy to cook in a pinch! I always have all the ingredients on hand (including a bag of shrimp in my freezer!), so can make it any time.
How to Make Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
Like I mentioned, this shrimp recipe is really easy to cook!
Start by mixing together lemon juice, parsley, and parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Set aside.
Now, melt your butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Once the butter is melted, add the minced garlic and let cook for about 2-3 minutes, until garlic is fragrant.
Stir frequently to prevent burning.
Add the shrimp to the pan and toss to coat in the butter and garlic. Let it cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until shrimp are cooked through and pink.
Add lemon mixture to pan and toss to coat.
And that's it!
Is that not the easiest thing you've ever heard in your life? I want to eat these shrimp right out of the pan!
What to Serve with Shrimp
But I suppose I should serve the shrimp on plates with a side or two. And offer them to my family.
Here's what I like to serve with these lemon garlic parmesan shrimp:
- Wild Rice
- White or Brown Rice
- Cauliflower Rice
- Sautéed Spinach
Once you plate your shrimp, make sure you drizzle some more of the sauce over it.
It's funny how a little lemon, garlic, parsley, and parmesan can have such a HUGE impact.
This shrimp is crazy flavorful and, though it's quite simple, it tastes like a dish I'd be thrilled to get in a restaurant. I cooked it in under 15 minutes and gobbled it up even more quickly.
And it's now on regular rotation in my home.
More Shrimp Recipes
If you want to have a "summer of shrimp" or a "year of shrimp," too, I have plenty of other shrimp recipes you can add to your regular dinner rotation. Here are some of my favorites:
- Steak and Shrimp Scampi (great for special occasions!)
- Shrimp and Feta Orzo Salad
- Chilled Mexican Corn Bisque with Shrimp
- Shrimp Scampi Pizza
- Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos
- Tequila Jalapeño Shrimp
- Indian Style Shrimp and Rice
- Spicy Chipotle Shrimp Salad
- Honey Walnut Shrimp (from Chisel and Fork)
- Shrimp and Couscous Salad (from Jenny Shea Rawn)
And that's just the beginning! I think I could offer you 52 shrimp recipes to get you through the year eating shrimp every single week.
But no matter how many ways I eat shrimp, I always seem to come back to this lemon garlic parmesan shrimp.
Sometimes simple really is best!
How often do you eat shrimp?
Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Parmesan
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined (I use jumbo, but you can use any size you prefer)
- Mix together lemon juice, parsley, and parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter and once butter is melted, add minced garlic to pan. Let garlic cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and toss to coat in the butter and garlic. Let it cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until shrimp are cooked through and pink.
- Add lemon mixture to pan and toss to coat.
- Serve shrimp over wild rice, brown rice, or quinoa with a vegetable side. Spoon sauce from pan over shrimp.