This Bubblegum Cocktail is easy to make and SO fun! Just mix bubblegum simple syrup (recipe provided!) with vodka and soda water and you're ready to start sipping the pretty pink drink. It's also easy to make into a mocktail (AKA bubblegum soda) to let kids get in on the fun!
Don't get me wrong; I love a classy martini or a simple gin and tonic. I enjoy a nice big glass of red wine and can be found sipping on bubbly from time to time.
But sometimes I want something a little bit more fun. And what's more fun than bubblegum??
This bubblegum cocktail may not be for everyone (while it seems like all kids love bubblegum, many adults forget how fun it is!), but for the kid at heart? This cocktail is everything.
Plus, it's super easy to make into a mocktail (AKA bubblegum soda) if you want to serve to kids. And I don't know too many kids who would turn down a bubblegum soda!
What You Need
The ingredients are simple in this bubblegum cocktail. All you need is:
- Bubblegum Simple Syrup (this easy recipe has just 3 ingredients, but you can also purchase it)
- Soda Water
- Bubblegum for garnish (I recommend Double Bubble)
- Pink Sanding Sugar (totally optional for glass rim)
Like I mentioned, bubblegum simple syrup is super easy to make. I have a whole post about it, but you really just need to bring water, sugar, and bubblegum to a boil in a saucepan and then let it simmer for a bit to turn into a syrup.
How to Make Bubblegum Cocktail
If you're adding the pink sanding sugar to your glass rim (especially fun if you're serving these cocktails at a party!), put some sanding sugar on a small plate and brush the rim of your glass with a little simple syrup.
Now, place the glass upside-down on the plate and slowly roll it to coat the rim in sugar.
Get your bubblegum garnish ready! You can put the bubblegum pieces on a cocktail skewer or a small toothpick.
These arrow skewers are similar to the ones I have pictured below.
Now you're ready to mix up the cocktail!
Just add vodka and bubblegum simple syrup to an ice-filled shaker and shake well.
Pour into ice-filled glass and top with soda water.
If you don't have a cocktail shaker, you can simply pour vodka and simple syrup into ice-filled glass and stir together before topping off with soda water.
Be sure to add on that bubblegum garnish!
And marvel at the pretty pink cocktail. That really does taste just like bubblegum... With a splash of vodka, of course!
While you can feel free to experiment with this simple syrup, I really think a bubblegum vodka soda is the way to go since many other liquors could be too heavy for the light and sweet syrup.
Plus, you really want the bubblegum flavor to shine!
How to Make Bubblegum Soda
Something tells me if you're kids see you drinking this pretty pink drink that tastes like bubblegum, they're going to very interested. Luckily, it's very easy to turn this into a mocktail for them!
Simply pour a little bubblegum simple syrup into a glass (pink sugar-rimmed, of course) and top it off with soda water.
One great thing about homemade soda made with simple syrup is that you can totally control the amount of sugar that goes in. Add just a little bit of simple syrup for a less sugary drink and you'll still get a little bubblegum flavor!
This would be super fun to serve at a birthday party, especially one with a pink color scheme.
Bubblegum is such a nostalgic flavor for me and though the simple syrup is quite sweet (as anything gum flavored should be!), it's definitely toned down a bit when turned into a vodka soda (or just soda).
More Fun Drink Recipes
If bubblegum isn't quite your thing, I've got plenty more fun drinks that might be right up your alley! Here are some of my favorites:
- Rock Candy Cocktail
- Peanut Butter Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Homemade Starbucks Pink Drink
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cocktail
- Lucky Charms Hot Chocolate
- Sour Patch Kids Margarita
- Fresh Strawberry Milk
- Key Lime Pie Mojito
- Peach Lavender Iced Tea (from A Life Delicious)
- Orange Creamsicle Martini (from Kylee Cooks)
I love a good nostalgic drink with flavors that remind me of childhood!
And trust me when I say that after I made the bubblegum simple syrup and this cocktail, I truly enjoyed chewing a couple pieces of Double Bubble!
Are you a fan of the nostalgic flavor of bubblegum?
- Pink sanding sugar (optional)
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 ½ oz bubblegum simple syrup
- 5 oz soda water
- 3 pieces bubblegum, for garnish (optional)
- If you want to rim the glass in sanding sugar, lightly brush a little simple syrup around the rim of your glass. Place sanding sugar on a small plate, hold glass upside-down, and roll rim of glass in sugar to coat.
- Pour vodka and simple syrup into an ice-filled shaker and shake well.*
- Pour into ice-filled glass and top with soda water.
- Skewer pieces of bubblegum on metal cocktail skewers or small toothpicks. Add to glass.